Saturday, April 2, 2011

Limitless, Goat-tees, Frozen Yogurt, and Acceptance

Today, the second of April, 2011, was a good day. As can be seen in the title, there were four main parts to my day that were just day-makers. Those little things (and some not so little things) that just make your day. I am going to break down and discuss individually these four parts individually, and it will be evident why today was a good day:

1) Limitless: The first day-maker was Limitless. Limitless is a movie that came out on March 18 of this year and is about a man who begins taking a drug that allows him to access one hundred percent of his brain. (Did you know that humans only ever access twenty percent of their brains? Crazy, isn't it?) At first, the man is amazed at what this drug allows him to do and it seems to be a miracle drug. He completely turns his life around and becomes extremely rich over an extremely short amount of time. Although his life seems perfect, he discovers a new side to the drug; a darker, more sinister side. For fear of giving to much away, I'll leave it at that and let you go watch the movie. It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, but it was pretty good.

2) Goat-tees: This is my second day-maker, and for you to understand it, I have to tell you a story. While I was eating with Lois, Kendall, and Lois' family, I told them in passing about how my grandmother says that any man with a goatee looks like my father. The conversation moved on to other topics, and my story was eventually forgotten. As we walked out into the parking lot, Lois' mom spotted a man with a goatee and said 'hey, look, there's your dad' and we all laughed. After the laughing had died down, Lois' sister piped up and said 'so, what is a goatee, a kind of shirt?', and for some reason, this was particularly hilarious to me at the time and I died laughing. Kendall then said 'what would that be, a shirt with a goat on it?' and I continued laughing hysterically (Get it, get it? It's a goat on a tee shirt, therefore goat-tee?......) Anyway, that is why I want a shirt with a goat on it and nothing else so I can be like 'hmmmm, I think I'll wear my goat-tee today.

3)Frozen Yogurt: I love frozen yogurt. But not just any frozen yogurt. My favorite thing ever is plain tart frozen yogurt with kiwis, strawberries, and raspberries from Blueberry Frog. Enough said. (Blueberry Frog-- go there.)

4) Acceptance: The fourth and final day-maker for me is the best. You know what they say about saving the best for last. Anyway-- a few of my friends (Lois, Eleeza, and Dylan) applied to the Governor's School for Arts and Humanities. Today, I received a message from an excited Dylan proclaiming that he had gotten his letter and he had been accepted to the Governor's School. A couple hours (maybe... I think it was a couple hours. It felt that long) later, Eleeza's mail came and she, too, had gotten accepted. What seemed like five eternities later, Lois' mail came and she was accepted, too. I know it may be insubstantial to an outside person like me, but I was genuinely excited and joyful for them. I knew that they could do it. (Not to mention now I'm feeling all nervous and jittery about the Governor's School for Math and Science where I applied to go. We don't get to find out until next month though.... I think I'm going to throw up...).

So, these were my day-makers. I'm really glad that all of these things happened because they overshadow the fact that it is day two of Script Frenzy and I am already way behind. I suppose I should go work on that, now....

'Til tomorrow,

--A

P.S. Congratulations to Lois, Eleeza, and Dylan for getting in to GSAH! I knew you guys could do it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks dood. :'D I hope this month passes quickly for you so you can find out about GSSM!

    ReplyDelete