Sunday, April 10, 2011

Just Dance

There are a few video games out there that when you hear about them, you just think 'in what universe is this a good idea?' When I heard about a Wii game named 'Just Dance', this was my exact reaction. The premise of the game is that there is a person on the screen who dances and the players have to mirror the dancer and earn points. The player with the most points at the end of the song wins.

A couple weeks ago at my school, we had what the administration called a 'Community Day' in which we did a bunch of pointless and quite frankly stupid tasks that was supposed to strengthen the bonds and family-feel among the students. (Yeah, right.) Anyway, one of the stations was a 'Just Dance' station where they had two Wiis set up and had Just Dance on one and Just Dance 2 on the other. The point of the station was so that the students would begin to feel more comfortable with being themselves around their peers. (Here again, yeah, right.) It was quite humorous from the sidelines, and part of me wanted to get up there and dance, but there was no way I was going to do it in front of these people. They would have teared me apart.

The week following, my friend, Jonathon, had a birthday party and one of my other friends brought Just Dance 2. This time, I did dance. These were my friends and I knew that rather than laughing at me like my school mates would have, they would be laughing with me.

Let me tell you: it was hard. No matter how easy it may appear when you're just watching it, do not be fooled. It is a HARD game. Not to mention, it really gives you a work out. The first song or two aren't that bad, but then you get to about the sixth consecutive dance and you are sweating bullets and ready to drop. Two days after playing, my arms were still unbelievably sore (though admittedly, I'm not exactly what one would call 'in shape', but I digress.)

This is why I think that Just Dance is an awesome thing for America, and the world really, but particularly the U.S. You are always hearing about how everyone in America is fat and has no physical activity, but that is due largely to the fact that a lot of Americans are stationary during the day while at work, and there really isn't a fast, fun, and convenient way to get exercise, until Just Dance. If everyone would just do thirty minutes of Just Dance a day, America would be a much healthier place. Just Dance is fast, it really works you out, and most importantly, it's genuinely fun.

Just Dance. Go play it.

'Til tomorrow,

--A

P.S. I'm really sorry, but the whole 'two blogs' thing just isn't happening. Some things came up and my whole day kind of got scrambled up, so...

No comments:

Post a Comment