Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Carrier Pigeons (More Valuable Than You Would Have Guessed)

Today was day one of HSAP testing. The topic of today was English, more specifically, writing (reading comprehension is tomorrow). Our topic for our essay was something along the lines of 'what do you think is the most valuable form of communication in today's society'. Luckily for me, I had just written an essay about the wonderful thing that is the Internet and how it is the best way of communication. What a crazy random happenstance. (And no, I didn't write it for fun, though that does seem like something I would do. I wrote it for my Governor's School application.)

I re-wrote my essay as best I could manage on the scratch paper provided (I had to keep asking for more paper and after the third piece, the teacher just brought me a whole stack), and my finished product was four pages long (double spaced; had to leave room to edit).

So, do you remember how in yesterday's blog I complained about the people that take four eternities to finish their tests? Well... let's just say I was one of them today (but not to get out of class, I just truly wanted my essay to be decent, and I knew that when I got done I'd just have to sit there for a couple hours, so why not, right?). I didn't finish last in the room I was in, but pretty close. I think that (in my room), there were about two or three people that finished after me. But, hey, we still got out in time to go to third period, and I got to read Lennox's lines in Act 5 Macbeth (there are only about six literal lines of text. Not six times of talking, just the amount of dialogue that takes up six lines.).

Anyway, the entire time I was writing the essay, I wanted so bad to just scratch out what I had and write an essay on carrier pigeons. These tests are a joke, anyway, so why not add my wonderful sarcasm, right? (I ended up sticking with the Internet because I kind of really want to graduate).

'Til tomorrow,

--A

P.S. that was an abrupt ending. Oh well. (Also, there are a lot of parenthesis in this entry...)

No comments:

Post a Comment